• Jen D
  • Jen D's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #2985 by Jen D
Replied by Jen D on topic Airport courtesy cars
Thanks, Steve.
And if anyone else has experience with courtesy cars, please chime in.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #2984 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic Airport courtesy cars
The last time I flew into OSH I landed at Steven's Point because I found I could rent a car there much cheaper than at anywhere closer.
As I recall I googled something like "cheap rental cars in Steven's Point" and came up with a pretty cheap little rental. Private lot, not a chain

I just googled that and found Ace Car and Van rental. 715-341-1020.
I think that's the guy I rented from.

Another thing that sometimes works is to contact a car dealer, in Stevens Point for instance and propose a week long rental of one of his used cars. I know some car dealers rent vans.

It just seems to me that buying something would cost more than a rental and would add complications to "the operation"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jen D

• Jen D
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #2983 by Jen D
Replied by Jen D on topic Airport courtesy cars
Hi Steve,
Thanks for the ideas.
Yes, we have looked at renting a van for the week and it's pretty pricey.
Our thought is that if we can find a cheapish used van, and if insurance isn't too much, we'll have the transportation we need for that time period and we're helping out the airport as well.

We will be discussing this with the city/airport, but I'm gathering as much information as I can.

Jen

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #2982 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic Airport courtesy cars
I don't have any experience but do know that many airports have courtesy cars which are always welcome.

Wouldn't the first place to start be with the airport?

I expect you'd have to create an agreement with the airport around which party is responsible for maintenance, etc.

Leaving a car at an airport in Wisconsin is much different than leaving a car at an airport in a temperate zone.

Have you looked into renting a van for the week??

Tossing out ideas here.

S

• Jen D
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #2978 by Jen D
Airport courtesy cars was created by Jen D
Hi All,
Cessna Flyer is looking into the possibility of buying a van to leave at the Waupaca Airport (KPCZ) where we hold our annual Gathering. We could use it during the Gathering to shuttle folks from the airport to the hotel.

It could stay at the airport year-round and be used as a courtesy car. We're wondering about insurance, maintenance agreements with the airport, etc., and wondering if anyone here has any experience with airport courtesy cars from the airport point of view.

Jen

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds