Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New member

New member 2 years 11 months ago #381

• Scott Sherer
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Welcome to CFA, Stephen, it's great to have you with us! Regarding the 182/182RG: Get ready for the great compromise: You can have speed/climb performance or useful load. To have both takes buckets of money :) My advice would be to purchase or borrow POH manuals for both airplanes and review both weight and balance and performance charts. Then talk with both kinds of owners, which I hope will chime in here. You can purchase or download POH manuals from:

www.esscoaircraft.com/c-4081-cessna-owne...anual-pohs-pims.aspx

These folks have manuals for all three categories of 182's and I've done business with them several times.

Best of luck in your new endeavor!

Scott Sherer
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New member 2 years 11 months ago #380

• Stephen
  • Subscriber
My name is Stephen & a new private pilot. I am looking at purchasing a 182 & need some advise or suggestions. I have a family of 4 & want a plane that will accommodate us on cross country flights & give us speed & power. I have been looking at the RG which they are saying 150knots, also the fixed gear with the p-ponk engine upgrade. What is the climb performance & short field performance on hot summer days in the RG with the lesser HP? Any advise or suggestions will be appreciated!!

Thanks
Stephen
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.318 seconds