Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New guy in CO (1V6)

New guy in CO (1V6) 1 week 11 hours ago #1153

Thanks guys, a WAAS GPS is definitely on the need list, the two airports I'll be using most only offer LPV approaches. I've read quite a bit on the Vitatoe Steve, and I agree that I'd put one on the shopping list in short order too if I could afford it. William, maybe we'll run in to each other somewhere around, I'm usually hauling freight in a beech queen air or 99 when I'm flying around the area. Look for a short guy with a mountain man style beard and come say hi! Thanks for the input!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New guy in CO (1V6) 1 week 13 hours ago #1152

I live in southern Colorado also. I have 1800 hours in the T210. I currently own a 1978 T210M for the last ten years. Previous T210 was a 1974 model. The 78 still has the gear doors. It is a great airplane for Colorado. I fly west a lot and the turbo gets me up to altitude to have a good clearance over the Rockies. I have found that if you stay on top of the maintenance is, the airplane can be very reliable.

New guy in CO (1V6) 1 week 1 day ago #1151

• STEVE ELLS
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Jeff; It's been proven again and again that smart money buys the best airplane an owner can afford. My guess is that at a minimum, you'll want a WAAS GPS, and ADS-B In and Out. If I had an oil well I would own a Vitatoe P 210. The Vitatoe mod takes a normally aspirated IO 550 (with 8.5:1 compression) and mates it to a turbo charger system that came with the P210. The turbocharger output is limited to 31 inches of manifold pressure, which turns the engine into a turbo normalized IO-550. This is the best of both worlds since normally aspirated big bore Continental engines have the 8.5:1 compression, they are much more efficient than the factory turbocharged TSIO 520 and 550 engines which have a less efficient compression ratio of 7.5:1 and the turbo normalizer provides sea level power out of the engine up into the mid teens in altitude..
It's a terrific airplane. Can climb right up to 23,000 feet without an undue stress on the engine and cruise at over 210 knots. Quiet and in pressurized comfort. Sweet, but alas I don't have an oil well so I can only dream.
S

New guy in CO (1V6) 1 week 3 days ago #1149

Thanks Steve,

I'm still very much in the reading and learning phase of this process. As I recently read somewhere online, "I'd like to buy my last airplane first." I'll certainly reach out as questions arise, thanks for your help.

Jeff

New guy in CO (1V6) 1 week 4 days ago #1147

• STEVE ELLS
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Hi Jeff; I wrote an article on the 210 series a few years ago. You can find it in the Cessna Flyer magazine archives here:
www.cessnaflyer.org/cessna-singles/cessn...-of-the-singles.html.

Cessna Flyer also has a number of 210 owners. I'm sure any of the following will be able to help you with questions.
210 owner/members:
Jeff Strouse
Bob Longo
Gale Cawley
email Jennifer Dellenbusch and she can put you in touch.

As a member you also have access to a wide range of articles. You can access magazine archives by clicking on the magazine button on the top of the page. You'll be able to access articles such as this one about buying and selling an airplane:
www.cessnaflyer.org/maintenance-tech/ite...selling-a-plane.html.
This is an article explaining the sequence of events in the landing gear system of a 1964 Cessna 210; while it's not a T210, this sequence applies to all the 210s with the flat steel spring landing gear: www.cessnaflyer.org/maintenance-tech/ite...in-an-early-210.html.
Let us know how we can help further,
Steve
Last Edit: 1 week 2 days ago by Jen D.

New guy in CO (1V6) 1 week 5 days ago #1144

Hi everyone,

I just joined recently mostly for access to the resources on here. My wife and I are considering purchasing our first aircraft and the T210 made the short list for the kind of trips we want to do. We live in southern Colorado, and I fly freight for food on a daily basis.. I’ve got about 7000 hrs flying other peoples airplanes around. ATP, CFII and a couple type ratings from stints at regionals. If you’re in my area, or want to help out as I ask silly questions- please chime in!
-Jeff
Everything I know about purchasing an airplane, and turbocharged engines (aside from the general concept) is listed below....
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds