• Clark Beard
  • Clark Beard's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
7 years 11 months ago #156 by Clark Beard
New member introduction? was created by Clark Beard
Hi,
My name is Clark and have recently (today) joined this club. Around 18 months ago I returned to flight after an absence of some 25 years. Last year I spent a number hours flying with a good friend who re-introduced me to my love of flying in his 1961 C172. I became current, and then found the joy of an I-pad and a Garmin in the cockpit. The electronics have opened up a whole new dimension in flying and situational awareness which has made what was a very intimidating expanse of Country so much more manageable from a flight planning and execution perspective. I was initially somewhat envious of my friend owning his own plane, but living in San Diego County and surrounded by somewhat higher terrain than I initially trained in, I knew that when it came time for me to perhaps own my own plane I would need a more powerful plane than my friends. Just a few weeks ago, my boyhood dream of owning my own plane came true, and my more recent desire to own and fly the C182 became a reality. Gracie, as I have named her, is my new best friend and great joy. I am still looking for a used Garmin 695/6 of my own, so if you here of a good one one for sale at a modest price - let me know.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds